What are Cookies
Cookies are short text fragments (numbers and letters) that allow the web server to store information on the client (the browser) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, even after a few days (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored, according to user preferences, by the individual browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone or other electronic device capable of browsing the internet).
They are useful for several purposes. They allow us to obtain statistics on the number of users who access the Website on a daily basis, from which different third party sites these users arrive, which pages are visited and in any case to improve the performance and loading of the Website itself. They therefore contribute to improving the user experience, as well as the services offered, conforming them to the Users' needs.
Cookies can have different functionalities:
- Strictly necessary technical cookies: they have a technical function, allowing the User to access and interact with the functions of the Website, such as remembering the login, making navigation and use faster and quicker, remembering previous accesses;
- Analysis and performance cookies are cookies used to collect and analyse site traffic and usage in an anonymous way. These cookies, although they do not identify the user, make it possible, for example, to detect whether the same user returns to the site at different times. They also make it possible to monitor the system and improve its performance and usability. These cookies can be assimilated to technical cookies when the data is collected in aggregate and anonymous form;
- Profiling cookies: these are persistent cookies used to identify (anonymously or otherwise) the user's preferences and improve the user's browsing experience.
There are also different types of cookies, distinct in relation to the subject that transmits them, i.e. proprietary cookies (when we are the direct managers) and Third Party Cookies (when the cookies are sent and collected by a third party, independent owner of the treatment). We also use third-party cookies on the Website in order to provide some specific services to analyse the functioning of the site itself.
What cookies do we use?
In order to improve the browsing experience and to verify the correct functioning of the Website, we use technical and analytical cookies. To date, we do not use profiling cookies that are suitable for creating consumer profiles of our Users, but we reserve the right to use them by notifying you of this policy.
In particular, we use the following cookies on the website:
- Google Analytics
The Website includes certain components transmitted by Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). These are third-party cookies collected and managed anonymously to monitor and improve the performance of the host site (performance cookies).
Google Analytics uses "cookies" to collect and analyse anonymously information about the usage behaviour of the website https://www.piccin.it (including the user's IP address). This information is collected by Google Analytics, which processes it in order to compile reports for the operators of https://www.piccin.it on website activity. This site does not use (and does not allow third parties to use) Google's analytics tool to track or collect personally identifiable information. Google does not associate the IP address with any other data held by Google nor does it attempt to link an IP address with a user's identity. Google may also disclose this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
For further information, please refer to the link below:
The user can selectively disable the action of Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on his browser. To disable the action of Google Analytics, please refer to the link below:
DoubleClick cookies allow us to know whether Users have completed certain activities on the Website after viewing or clicking on one of the advertisements/videos displayed on Google or other platforms via DoubleClick.
For further information, please refer to the link below:
- Facebook Connect
Facebook Connect is a technology provided by Facebook Inc. that allows users to log in to websites using their Facebook credentials, thus avoiding registration and thus the need to store usernames and passwords. Privacy is ensured by OAuth, an open protocol that guarantees service providers that third parties will not be able to access users' data, while at the same time protecting their credentials.
For more information, see the link below:
Duration of cookies
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the browser is closed or the logout command is executed. Other cookies "survive" when the browser is closed and are available on subsequent visits by the User.
These cookies are called persistent and their duration is fixed by the server when they are created. In some cases an expiry date is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
Browsing the pages of the Website you may interact with sites managed by third parties that may create or modify persistent and third party cookies.
When is the processing of data through Cookies considered accepted?
Most browsers (Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) are configured to accept cookies. The browsers themselves allow you to disable them through their settings. Below are links to the procedures for the most popular web browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari
You can also selectively block cookies. We propose the following tools:
- Ghostery: Plug-in for web browsers that allows you to select which cookies to use for each website, so that each User can selectively disable them;
- Your Online Choices: Website that allows the disabling of behavioural advertising;
- Google Analytics removal tool: Plug-in for web browsers that allows you to disable Google Analytics;
Consequences of disabling cookies
Although it is up to the User to completely deactivate the Cookies, this may lead to malfunctions and/or errors in the functioning of the Site, preventing it from performing the necessary technical functions.
Additional third party cookies
When using the Website, we reserve the right to use additional third-party Cookies, linked to third-party services that may be implemented on the site. In particular, we reserve the right to use the following services:
In the case of use of such services, we will not be responsible for the processing of data carried out by them, using them solely for the purpose of sharing content on our Site and not for the purpose of collecting such data. The collection activity is carried out by an independent and different Data Controller, indicated in the information notice and/or in any case directly connected to the service used.
Third Party Websites
The websites of third parties, which can be accessed through the Website, are not covered by this policy and therefore we would not be held responsible in any case for the processing carried out by them.
Rights of Interested Parties
Each User and/or Data Subject may at any time exercise the rights provided for in Article 13 of Regulation 679/2016, and in particular
- revoke their consent to the processing of personal data, in cases where the processing of data is based on the consent given by the same;
- know whether the Controller holds and/or processes personal data of the same and to access them in full, including by obtaining a copy (Art. 15 Right of Access);
- ask for the rectification of inaccurate personal data or the integration of incomplete personal data (Art. 16 Right to rectification);
- request the deletion of personal data held by the Controller if one of the reasons set out in Reg. 679/2016 applies (Right to Deletion, 17);
- ask the Controller to limit the processing to only certain personal data, in the cases provided for (Art. 18 Right to Restrict Processing);
- request and receive their personal data processed by the Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or request transmission to another controller without hindrance, in the cases provided for (Art. 20, Right to Portability);
- object in whole or in part to the processing of data for the purpose of sending commercial and/or promotional material, as well as any related profiling activities (Art. 21, Right to object);
Furthermore, the Data Subject shall always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority pursuant to Art. 77 of Reg. 679/2016.
For the purposes of exercising the rights under Art. 15-22 Reg. 679/2016 you may contact the Data Controller at the following addresses:
PICCIN NUOVA LIBRARIA S.P.A.
VIA ALTINATE 107
35121 PADOVA PD
+39 049 655566